|Your personal information
Personal information held by Imaginites may include your name, date of birth, current and previous addresses, telephone/mobile phone number, email address, bank account or credit card details, occupation, driver's licence number and your Imaginites PIN, username or password. Imaginites also holds details of your Imaginites services (including their status), as well as certain details about your personal interests.
If you choose not to provide certain personal information (e.g. your date of birth), Imaginites may not be able to provide you with the services you require, or the level of service on which Imaginites prides itself.
Occasionally, you may need to provide personal information about other individuals to Imaginites (e.g. about your authorised representatives). If so, Imaginites relies on you to inform those individuals that you are providing their personal information to Imaginites and to advise them that Imaginites can be contacted for further information (see 'How to contact us' below).
How we collect personal information
Imaginites collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, when you provide information by phone or in application forms, or when you submit your personal details through Imaginites's web sites (e.g. during Imaginites.com registration);
- from third parties such as Imaginites's related companies, credit reporting agencies or your representatives;
- from publicly available sources of information;
- from the organisations identified below under 'When Imaginites discloses your personal information';
- from Imaginites's own records of how you use your Imaginites services; or
- when legally required to do so
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used to:
Also, your personal information is collected so that Imaginites can promote and market its services to you (including by way of direct mail, telemarketing, SMS and MMS messages). Imaginites does this to keep you informed of its products, services and special offers. If you do not wish Imaginites to promote and market its products, services and special offers to you, please email@example.com.
- verify your identity;
- assist you to subscribe to Imaginites's services;
- provide the services you require;
- administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved;
- conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
- research and develop Imaginites's services;
- gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for Imaginites to provide you with a better service; and
- maintain and develop Imaginites's business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems.
In relation to marketing and promotional material sent via email, Imaginites will send such material only if you elect to receive it (i.e. opt-in) or if it is provided in response to your request. You can indicate your opt-in preference at Imaginites's web sites.
When we disclose your personal information
In order to deliver the services you require, Imaginites may disclose your personal information to organisations outside of Imaginites. Your personal information is disclosed to these organisations only in relation to Imaginites providing its services to you. These organisations carry out Imaginites's:
Imaginites takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
- customer enquiries;
- mailing operations;
- billing and debt-recovery functions;
- information technology services;
- installation, maintenance and repair services;
- marketing, telemarketing and door-knocking services;
- market research; and
- web site usage analysis.
In addition, Imaginites may disclose your personal information to:
- your authorised representatives or your legal advisers (e.g. when requested by you to do so);
- credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
- credit providers (for credit related purposes such as credit-worthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing);
- Imaginites's related companies;
- Imaginites's professional advisers, including its accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- other telecommunication and information service providers (for example, if you obtain services from other providers, Imaginites may need to disclose your personal information for billing purposes);
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law; and
- organisations who manage Imaginites's business and corporate strategies, including those involved in a transfer/sale of all or part of its assets or business (including accounts and trade receivables) and those involved in managing Imaginites's corporate risk and funding functions (e.g. securitisation).
- You waive your rights to any protection offered under the Surveillance
Devices Act (WA) 1998 or other similar Acts pursuant to Audio and Video
Recordings and Storage of same
Given Imaginites's telecommunications
setup and its e-archive system, Imaginites is entitled to record any and
all calls or communications with its suppliers and or clients, for
quality assurance and training and coaching purposes. If you object to
this in any way you may write formally to Imaginites objecting to such
recording, following which follow-on recordings will be discontinued and those made previously may be deleted from archives, unless requested by authorised third parties in relation to credit-checking or security and safety.
The word "Imaginites", its designated logo, select motion picture title headers and slogans are registered trademarks and all are Copyright 1984 - 2012 to Imaginites Australia Pty Limited. It is understood that the website is also subject to Copyright. No part of it should be reproduced, adapted or transmitted without the written consent of the copyright owner. E-mails may be interfered with, may contain computer viruses or other defects and may not be successfully replicated on other systems. We give no warranties in relation to these matters. If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an e-mail purportedly sent by us, please contact us immediately.